AREAS OF PRACTICE
Robin joined Lloyds PR Solicitors in January 2018. He mainly works on Crown Court matters, assisting solicitors and counsel in the preparation of paperwork-heavy cases ready for trial. These cases often involve offences such as fraud, money laundering and criminal conspiracies.
Before joining Lloyds PR Solicitors, he worked as a freelance advocate in the Civil Courts. He has also volunteered extensively for a charity assisting litigants in person in civil and family proceedings.
NOTABLE CASES(UNDER SUPERVISION)
- R v B (2019) Crown Court at Luton
Ongoing Case of attempted murder.
- R v S (2019) Crown Court at Reading
Case of murder with missing body. Cell site data relied upon heavily by prosecution and interrogated thoroughly by defence.
- R v T (2019) Crown Court at St Albans
Case of conspiracy to murder built on thousands of phone chat messages.
- R v C & others (2018) Crown Court at Worcester
Case involving accusation of conspiracy to commit GBH on a toddler with acid.
- R v C & others (2018) Cambridge Crown Court
An allegation of conspiracy to kidnap founded almost entirely on cell site evidence. Lloyds PR took over representation after the start of trial and previous representation was forced to withdraw.
- R v W & others (2019) Crown Court at Teesside
Ongoing case involving allegation of OCG membership with involvement in massive importation/supply of class A drugs.
- R v M & others (2018) Crown Court at Southwark
Case alleging “second-in-command” role in a commercial drugs distribution network. Basis of plea negotiated limiting role and avoiding confiscation proceedings.
- R v C & others (2018) Court of Appeal
Court of Appeal reduced sentence below 30 years to reflect that Defendant was not apex conspirator.
- R v G (2019) Crown Court at Lewes
Allegations of stalking and sexual assault where complainant shown to be dishonest. Acquitted on all counts.
- R v M (2019) Crown Court at Luton
Allegation of stranger rape. Successfully advanced consent defence.
- R v H & others (2019) Crown Court at Southwark
An ongoing case involving the fraudulent appropriation and laundering of money in the region of £1m.
- R v M & others (2018) Crown Court at Kingston
Case involving first defendant accused of fraudulent abuse of position. Third party data was obtained from HMRC in order to undermine the credibility of the complainant employer.
- R v M & C (2019) Crown Court at Maidstone
Ongoing case of conspiracy to facilitate illegal entry.
- R v M & others (2019) Crown Court at Stafford
Ongoing case of Modern Slavery offences. Raises issues facing the travelling community.
- R v G (2018) Crown Court at Isleworth
Case where defendant was not fit to plead and faced “trial of the facts”. Received absolute discharge.
- Local Authority v C, G, C & B (2018) High Court
Represented protestors against local authority in alleged contempt of High Court injunction. This case is now the authority on the mental element of self-defence in such proceedings.
- R v P & a company (2019) Uxbridge Magistrates Court
Case involving failure to pay HMRC bond. Fine minimised to token level as Court was persuaded it was not a calculated breach.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Robin studied Classics at the University of Cambridge. He then studied the law conversion course (GDL) and the Bar Professional Training Course.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Robin is a Lord Denning Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn and a member of Young Legal Aid Lawyers and of the Lawyers’ Christian Fellowship
In his free time, Robin enjoys swimming, reading and crosswords.
T: 0208 963 1050
F: 0208 963 1975