AREAS OF PRACTICE
Kate joined Lloyds PR is a Trainee Solicitor in the Crown Court Department, assisting Harsha Rupasinghe and Mohsin Ariff. She has gained significant experience assisting on serious and complex cases, including homicide and terrorism offences.
She assists her supervising solicitor and counsel in preparing cases for trial; this involves instructing experts, reviewing evidence, and taking instruction from clients.
HOMICIDE AND RELATES OFFENCES
- Operation Patos, Central Criminal Court, 2018-19
Assisted where client charged with murder by stabbing and shooting, GBH with intent, and possession of a firearm.
- Operation Curial, St Albans Crown Court, 2018-19
Assisted in case regarding an allegation of Conspiracy to Commit Child Destruction
- Operation Deepish, Central Criminal Court, 2018
Assisted in case where a client was charged with possessing and disseminating terrorist literature.
MODERN SLAVERY AND RELATED OFFENCES
- Operation Fort, Birmingham Crown Court, 2018-20
Assisted in case where clients charged with human trafficking and modern slavery offence in one of the largest human trafficking cases ever to be heard in the UK. Case widely reported in the national press and the subject of a Panorama documentary.
- Operation Garnet, Chelmsford Crown Court, 2018-19
Case worker where client accused of committing offences contrary to the Modern Slavery Act 2010. Case dismissed at half time during re-trial.
- Operation Cardinas, Chelmsford Crown Court, 2018-19
Assisted in multihanded case where client was accused of conspiring with other members of her family to keep vulnerable people in modern slavery. Case against the client dismissed at half time.
- Operation Ophis, Kingston-Upon Thames Crown Court, 2018-19
Case worker where client charged with conspiracy to supply a class A drug (8.5kg Cocaine). Client acquitted.
- Operation Detox, Snaresbrook Crown Court, 2018
Case worker where client charged with possession with intent to supply 50kg of Heroin, and possession of a firearm.
- Operation Guard, St. Albans Crown Court, 2018
Case worker where client charged with conspiracy to supply millions of pounds worth of drugs and evade the prohibition on the importation of cocaine into the UK.
- Operation Bean, Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court, 2018-19
Case worker in high profile case where client charged with keeping a brothel and related money laundering offences over a 15 year period.
FRAUD AND DISHONESTY OFFENCES
- Operation Flan, St Albans Crown Court, 2018-20
Caseworker in extensive investigation where clients charged with money laundering offences estimated at over £1 million.
- Operation Reconverge, Croydon Crown Court, 2019-20
Assisted in widely reported case where clients accused of multi-million pound money laundering scheme between the UK and UAE, and membership of an Organised Crime Group.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA, Single Honors History, Trinity College (The University of Dublin)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Waterloo
- LLM in Legal Practice (Ongoing), BPP Holborn
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- London Irish Lawyers Association (LILA)
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Intermediate Italian
- Basic French and German.
Outside of work, Kate enjoys art, fashion and design, cooking and cycling.
T: 0208 963 1050