AREAS OF PRACTICE
David joined Lloyds PR in July 2018 and is currently working in the confiscation and civil department.
- R v IK (2019) Leicester Crown Court
Operation Tarlac – confiscation proceedings following conviction of a large scale money laundering operation. Alleged criminal benefit in excess of £10 million.
- R v P, Birmingham Crown Court
Operation Fort – ongoing confiscation proceedings following convictions as a result of the UK’s largest modern slavery investigation.
- R v R, Manchester Crown Court, Minshull Street
Ongoing confiscation proceedings following cocaine importation conspiracy value in excess of £1 million.
- R v A (2019) Nottingham Crown Court
Operation Orchard – confiscation proceedings following conviction of class A drug conspiracy.
- R v GK (2019) Isleworth Crown Court
Confiscation proceedings against landlord following breach of planning enforcement notice by continuing to rent a HMO. Alleged criminal benefit in excess of £1 million.
- R v A & A, Harrow Crown Court
Ongoing confiscation proceedings against landlord following breach of planning enforcement notice by continuing to rent a HMO. Alleged criminal benefit in excess of £1 million.
- HMRC v D (2019) Harrow Crown Court
Confiscation proceedings following VAT fraud.
- Kent Police v A (2020) Canterbury Crown Court
Cash forfeiture appeal following seizure of large amount of euro currency from the channel tunnel
- HMRC v A (2019) Manchester Magistrates’ Court
Cash forfeiture following seizure by HMRC of money in excess of £100,000 from a money exchange bureau. Proceedings discontinued and all money returned.
- LB of Harrow v Y (2019) Willesden Magistrates’ Court
Prosecution for breach of improvement notice. Defendant acquitted.
- LB of Brent v A, A & S (2019) Willesden Magistrates’ Court
Prosecution for breach of HMO regulations. Two of three defendants acquitted. The remaining defendant’s conviction is subject to appeal.
- A v LB of Brent, High Court
Ongoing appeal against the decision of the magistrates’ court to convict the defendant of breaching HMO regulations.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Magdalene College, University of Cambridge, BA in mathematics (2014)
- University of St Andrews, MSc with Distinction in mathematics (2015)
- BPP University, Graduate Diploma in Law (2016)
In his free time David is a keen chess player and also enjoys reading and flying power kites.