AREAS OF PRACTICE
As a trainee solicitor in our serious fraud department, Josie primarily works on cases involving complex financial crime. Her experience encompasses multi-handed and multi-jurisdictional frauds, money laundering and false accounting. She also specialises in asset restraint and confiscation proceedings.
Her eye for detail and her forensic analysis of bank accounts are highly regarded by clients.
In addition, Josie has experience in preparing other serious offences for trial such as burglary, robbery and assaults, as well as some youth court and magistrates’ court work.
Josie began her training contract at Lloyds PR in September 2014 and is due to qualify as a solicitor in 2016.
Josie is also currently in training for her police station accreditation.
FRAUD, INSIDER DEALING, MONEY LAUNDERING, BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION
- Operation Yuletide (2015) Southwark Crown Court (on going)
A highly sophisticated and multi-jurisdictional investigation (spanning two years) and prosecution into the defrauding of €100 million from an international subsea construction company
- R v G (2015) Snaresbrook Crown Court (on going)
A sophisticated internet fraud in which goods were advertised on the internet, payment made by the buyer but no goods were delivered and the seller then disappears.
- R v D & Others (2015) Canterbury Crown Court (on going)
A money laundering allegation involving five defendants
- R v T (2014) Central Criminal Court
Attack on the Lloyds Banking Group by gaining remote access to their bank systems to extract money
- R v T (2014) Harrow Crown Court
- R v T (2014) St. Albans Crown Court
A money laundering and fraud matter where the defendant was alleged to have defrauded their employer by falsifying invoices
DRUGS / PHARMACEUTICAL
- Operation Daniel (2015) Central Criminal Court (on going)
A Large scale pharmaceutical fraud and international money laundering operation valued at over £10 million. This is a VHCC case.
- R v P (2015) Canterbury Crown Court
The fraudulent importation of a high quantity and purity of a Class A drug, namely Cocaine. This case was prosecuted by the CPS and investigated by the National Crime Agency
- Operation Iridescent (2015) Southwark Crown Court
A multi-national counter-terrorism investigation into the supply/sale of a drug called khat across Europe and North America, the proceeds of which were alleged to have funded a terrorist organisation in Somalia called Al-Shabaab
CONFISCATION, CIVIL RECOVERY, RESTRAINT ORDERS, CASH SEIZURE AND FORFEITURE
- Operation Veneer (2015) Southwark Crown Court (on going)
A multi-handed money laundering case which concerned the running of a money service business alleged to have been involved in a £150 million fraud. The matter has now proceeded to confiscation proceedings.
- Operation Prelacy (2015) Southwark Crown Court (on going)
A multi handed, multi jurisdiction bureau de charge fraud with a benefit calculated at £192 million (second largest)
- R v A (2015) Preston Crown Court (on going)
Converting criminal property and alleged possession of articles for use in fraud. The confiscation proceedings were stayed following a successful legal argument regarding time limits.
- R v C (2015) Winchester Crown Court (on going)
Confiscation proceedings arising from a conspiracy to import a high quantity and purity of class A drugs. The case is prosecuted by the CPS and investigated by the National Crime Agency.
- Operation Brian (2014) Harrow Crown Court
£921,000 pharmaceutical fraud and money laundering case
- R v K (2014) Central Criminal Court
VAT fraud in excess of £150,000
- Operation Navel (2014) St Albans Crown Court
VAT fraud involving five companies
- Operation Curfew (2014) Croydon Crown Court
Conspiracy concerning the unlawful entry into, and within, the UK and forgery offences which proceeded into confiscation proceedings
- R v C (2015) Isleworth Crown Court
An aggravated burglary and dangerous driving matter
- R v P (2015) St. Albans Crown Court
A spree of six residential burglaries in the Hertfordshire area
- R v B (2015) St. Albans Crown Court
A spree of seven residential burglaries
- R v JA (2015) Isleworth Crown Court
A spree of three knife point robberies
- R v R (2014) Blackfriars Crown Court
Allegation of residential burglary with intent to cause grievous bodily harm
- R v J (2014) Harrow Crown Court
Robbery of a youth
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University of Law, LL.M Legal Practice Course (expected 2016)
- Upper Second Class Honours in Law (LL.B) from Brunel University
- Oxford University Press Price Award for Sentencing & Penology
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- The Junior Lawyer Division
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association
T: 0208 963 1050
F: 0208 963 1975